Music: Jackson Squared

8.04.2009

Alright, I told myself I would do this while I was in Lodwar, but got distracted somehow. 

In Lodwar, I was spotted easily and often as a mzungu (white person).  When I stood up from bed in the morning the first thing I heard was mzungu from the children lining the fence by where we were staying.  I'm use to this to an extent in Nairobi, but not from my bedroom.  So, after two weeks of this I needed some emotional release and I found this through music on the five year old iPod my good friend Brian gave me before I left for Kenya.  So, Jackson Browne and Michael Jackson were my good companions on this trip.

Jackson Browne was my first concert!  Whoo Hoo!  The baby sitter fell through for my little brother and me so my mom stayed home with Patrick and I went with my dad to see Jackson Browne.  I don't remember much of the concert except that at one point I told my dad that I had to pee, he looked down at me and said, "Are you sure?"  Funny question I had never heard before.  His favorite song had just started so he picked me up and ran with me to the bathroom and back.  This is the only time I can remember my dad picking me up because he has a bad back.  So, that's why I remember my Jackson Browne concert.

This song is amazing!  My favorite line is "Honey you really tempt me, you know the way you look so kind."  Also, the age and the years he mentions are the same age my dad was in those years.  He and Jackson Browne are the same age.  Enjoy!



Here is the song I had to pee during... Amazing!:


Michael Jackson died... not cool. Kenya helped me reconnect with one of my favorite musicians because he was played in every matatu and you would walk by a restaurant and hear his music. So, thank you Kenya and Michael for the good times.

The true introduction of Michael Jackson as a solo artist with the first moon walk the year I was born:



The best choreographed music video in my humbled opinion of all time... ever... humbled (try to ignore the lyrics written in or watch it seven times like I do)(Warning: violence):

Posted by RTQ at 10:58 AM  
Bookmark and Share
blog comments powered by Disqus