Week 32: Revival Til You Drop: The Double Whammy

4.24.2009

     You know those 'Dance 'Til You Drop' dances, where couples have to continuously dance and whoever goes the longest wins?  Well, that’s basically what the Revival I just returned from felt like to me.  The four Foxies, three old Foxies, the boss, and I all participated in the Revival from Monday night to Sunday night.  Each day included five to six sessions.  Each session began with half an hour to an hour of Praise and Worship, then we had the preacher (the shortest was 45 minutes and the longest was 3 hours) and then the session would wind down (which took anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour).  We would have a ten minute break usually, but if it was meal time we would break for 45 minutes.  Around day two I started to feel frustrated about going to the next session which made the next four days and 22 sessions even tougher.  Furthermore, I was trying to set a good example for the four Foxies so I tried to be at each session ahead of time and participate as much as possible.  I'm not the Revival kind of guy I've determined.

     There were some good sermons and some “interesting” sermons.  There were some very questionable moments, but I do not feel that I have the right to write about those here.  Reflecting on the revival, I have never been more proud to be Presbyterian Church (USA).  Furthermore, I have never been more happy that there are other denominations where people who like a different flavor of ice cream are able to get what they need spiritually.

    The double whammy was that not only was it a different culture, but also a very different denomination who put their emphasis in very different places then PC(USA) does.  So, as I listened to Swahili sermon moments I would also encounter some casting out of demons and other things I had only seen on TV previously.

    

The Revival Group:
IMG_3139

Posted by RTQ at 7:35 PM  
Bookmark and Share
blog comments powered by Disqus